March media wrap-up
This month, our work across robotics and blockchain took the spotlight.
- News of our Robotics Innovation Centre was covered extensively. Have a look at some choice pieces from the Australian Financial Review, Courier Mail, 4BC and CIO Magazine.
- Our CEO, Adrian Turner, gave a keynote at the ADC Global Blockchain Summit in Adelaide along with Dr Liming Zhu, for which we were a major sponsor. Adrian shared his thoughts on Australia’s leadership in blockchain with InnovationAus.
- Dr Sue Keay, our new Cyber-physical systems research director, was named one of Australia’s top women in robotics in celebration of International Women’s Day.
- Data61’s Ribit.net hosted Shine & Rise, an International Women’s Day Breakfast which featured talks from CSIRO’s Chief Scientist Dr Cathy Foley, Canva’s Liz Mckenzie, and Atlassian’s Fiona Kerr & Lily Serna followed by speed-mentoring. Catch up on the highlights in this video.
- As part of International Women’s Day 2019, we launched a new filter for our Expert Connect tool, allowing users to search only for women listed as experts in specific topic areas.
- Data61 staff proudly participated in the 2019 Mardi Gras, celebrating diversity and identity with thousands of other marchers – pics and videos here.
- Minister for Human Services and Digital Transformation, The Hon Michael Keenan, spoke about our collaboration with the Digital Transformation Agency and the Australian Government to launch the next generation of open data platform data.gov.au
Coming up next: