Impact and media – Issue 3
We’ve had a busy few weeks since the last edition of Algorithm. Some highlights include:
- The ASEAN Summit was held in Sydney, where we launched the Sunrise Industries and Vietnam Todayreports, examining the future of ASEAN and Vietnam from a technological standpoint. Highlights included stories on InnovationAus , Yahoo!7News , The Australian Financial Review , News.com.au , The Land , iTWire . Our CEO Adrian Turner was interviewed live for Sky News Australia, and
- Dali Kaafar, our privacy expert, being interviewed on ABC News 24, along with a blog post featuring his work on privacy, in the context of the Facebook data leakage issue, which dominated media coverage for much of March.
- Coviu , a telehealth startup from Data61 was featured in iTWire , Pulse+IT , Healthcare IT News and Macquarie Radio’s Talking Technology .
- Data61’s Raja Jurdak wrote about the fascinating potential of using distributed ledger technology when assessing accidents that occur with autonomous vehicles. This was CSIRO’s most widely read article in The Conversation so far in 2018. Raja was also interviewed about his research on the radio by Triple M, Talking Technology and 2SER .
- We published a series of interviews with some of Data61’s most accomplished experts, for International Women’s Day 2018. Ribit’s Liz Jakubowski was featuring in a long-form article in Women’s Agenda – “A digital matchmaker for students and the tech industry? Liz Jakubowski made it happen”
- Data61’s Fang Chen spoke at a TEDxSydney breakfast – “AI is the art of mimicking human behaviour as much as possible”
- Our hexapods were featured in a fun, fascinating segment on Channel Seven’s widely-watched Sunrise morning program, as part of the Singularity University summit.
- Our partnership with ZongMu, on using computer vision to help cars ‘see’, was also featured in a range of media outlets .
Coming up next: